Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

5 Weeks!

Today I hit 5 weeks. I had an appointment for an early ultrasound. What do you think?

The little blob in the center - thats our little bean! Not much to see at this point, but I go back again next Tuesday (my birthday!) and hopefully there will be a bit more to this viewing. Overall above is what you expect to see at this point.

I also had more bloodwork done (I think I am starting to conquer my needle fear - though I still can't watch while they draw blood). HGC level was 5,854.6 and progesterone is 30.6. Over all my HGC doubles on an average of 33 hours. Not too bad. Still nervous about this pregnancy - I have no symptoms to speak of. Its crazy - but I wish I would feel like crap - atleast it would feel a bit more real. **Hopefully** at the scan next week we'll be luck enough to see a heartbeat. I think that would help to ease my nerves a bit.

So 5 weeks - how big is baby??

Your baby's heart will begin to beat this week! Your baby is now called an embryo and is about the size of an apple seed.
Until now, the embryo has been a mass of cells; but starting at about week 5 of pregnancy, a distinct shape begins to form. A front, back, top, and bottom are now apparent. Also, a bulge in the center of the embryo develops into your baby's heart. The nervous system, muscles, and bones begin to develop. Your placenta and the amniotic sac will also begin to develop, so many developments are happening all at once!


Now time for the weekly survey
 
How far along? 5 weeks

Next Appointment: 10/25 for an ultrasound!

Weight gain/loss: No idea!

Maternity clothes? Nope.

Sleep? Not too bad.

Best moment this week? Seeing the gestational sac on the Ultrasound!

Food cravings: Nothing really

Odd pregnancy symptom of the week: none really

Genders: Unknown and unsure if we will find out.

Belly button in or out? Way in.

Movement? nope

What I miss? Nothing.

What I'm looking forward to: I just want to hold the baby

Weekly wisdom: Today I am Pregnant and I love my baby.
 
Milestones: Size of an appleseed?

No comments:

Post a Comment